? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click o
n the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sophmore Year


    It seems like the sophomore year is one that you don’t remember. It’s not like your freshman year when everything is new and exciting. It’s not like your junior year when you start the college search process. It’s not like your senior year that is fast-paced, application-crazed, and meaningful yet fun. It’s the often-overlooked sophomore year that isn’t given nearly enough credit. This is disappointing news for us the sophomore year students—especially because sophomore year represents 1/3 of the grades and activities you will use when it is time to apply to college. It deserves far more attention than most of us give it.

    On my Last day of being a sophomore in high school, I am going to write to you about how it was for me as a sophomore at Atrisco Heritage Academy. Let’s start with the school; (AHA) I love it here. It is an awesome school. One reason its great is because of all the verities of activities and clubs that are held here; at least one. for every one of our interests.

    I decided to try something different, and do something I had always wished for. I joined the mentorship program. Where lawyers from the Hispanic/American Bar Association came to our school once a month and mentored us. They feed us very good food every meet, than we would discuss criminal cases, civil cases; including everyday issues being a lawyer. I learned a lot about the law field and loved it. It felt so right when I would sit in the lecture and listen, I knew right away that is what I wanted to do is, be involved in the law field.

    I got involved in MESA (Math, Engineering, Science, Associations). I went for MESA, to get a broad mind about all the different fields and areas. I didn’t just want to be in one club so I thought about joining other ones as well, and I don’t regret being a part of it. We did very little because there weren’t so many of us, to be in competitions, though we did go to one and place 9th which was very impressive for us having only sophomores and freshmen, as for other schools having full house which were freshmen, sophomore, juniors, and seniors.

    I also got into Student Government, my first year of high school, I had a blast my first year so I continued it on to this year as well. This year was a tough year for student government members, things didn’t run as they were supposed to but hopefully next year thing will be put together in a more orderly fashion.

    Academically I learned a lot in very one of my classes which are: English, Math, Science, Law I, Spanish, and History. In my English 10 class my writing skills are so much better than what I started with. In Algebra II, I learned a lot but it was a horrible class for me because I don’t like math, but I’m good at it so things kind of balanced out there. Chemistry I enjoyed and learned a lot. It was easier for me than Algebra II was, because we used the number outcome of the equations we solved, as for Algebra we just solved and didn’t do anything with it. In Algebra it felt as if I solved all the equations for nothing, but in chemistry we used the number we got, as a measurement or some kind of data/measurement. Law I was my favorite class of all, I absolutely loved it. I inherited so much information in that class which equaled to all the other classes put together. It was an awesome year in that class. And in Spanish and History I learned much, I also toke the AP world history exam.

    Throughout this year, I learned and experience autonomy. I am more mature and confident. I have become a better person, I would say more loving, caring and independent. I have a better understanding of the world around me and of why people act the way they do. I understand myself more out of all. I recognize my family’s value and conditions a little more. I now know what my step mother actually went through during her era as a teenager. She was trapped in the house with no rights but to clean, cook, and take care of children at the age of 13, because her father arrange married her at the age of 13 to someone who was 18. Her husband died at the age of 24 when she was only 19 and had 4 kids during the time he was alive. She has been a widow ever since, and hasn’t dated or remarried.

    This year was a great year for me I went through a lot with friends and my family. There were a couple times where I fell to the floor but I stud up and tapped off the dust and started all over again. There were times where I just wanted to give up and end it there, but I now know I’m stronger than that, to just give up. I’ve became a much more stronger person throughout this year, and I learned more about myself and who I really am.

    A little advice, your sophomore year definitely shouldn’t be the forgotten one. You can establish your reputation as a student, but also prepare for your future in high school and beyond. It is too easy to just let the year slide by only doing what’s required. Make the most of It but have fun doing it!

0 comments: